The Happy Fam!

The Happy Fam!

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Emergency Room

I found out last night that the emergency room is not a fun place to go. I started having some pretty strong pains in my abdomen and they wouldn't go away, so I asked Paul and his dad to give me blessing. It was a great blessing, and I know it helped in a lot of ways. I also thought I might be leaking fluid, so we made some phone calls and found out we should probably go get things checked out. By that time, the pain had gone away, but it was still scary and I know I would have been a basket case if it weren't for that wonderful blessing.
Anyway, the emergency room wasn't fun. I'd never been there before, and it's not a place I necessarily want to visit again. They did all kinds of not fun tests, and I was just so worried the whole time that something was wrong. Finally they did an informal ultrasound to check the baby for trauma, and the first thing we saw was the heart beating away like it's supposed to. That was the first huge relief(everything turned out okay in the end, I just need to take it easy for a while). Then they decided to set us up with a formal ultrasound, although they assured us that everything looked like it was probably okay. The ultrasound was AMAZING! We have the squirmiest baby EVER. The doctor kept having to chase it all over my belly because it wouldn't hold still. AND.....we found out what we're having!! It's a........BOY! We're naming him Jonathan Nephi Young after my great-great grandpa, Paul's great grandpa, Paul's Grandpa Waite (who sealed us), and Paul (whose middle name is Nephi).
Anyway, after 4 hours of fun, we finally came home knowing everything was okay (and thanking our lucky stars for Medicaid). Plus, we have some great pictures! Yay!

3 comments:

  1. That is so exciting! I mean--um the baby not the ER! Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw! A baby BOY! How cute!! :D It's so crazy to think you're pregnant, but more exciting really! :) Yay! Glad everything is okay!

    ReplyDelete